Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year, New Goals

     So last year I did what I did. It wasn't a bad year for me and I am beyond proud of myself. (We all need a little self love sometimes.) I published a total of 5 shorts, and read a lot of books. My favorite this year, was Winterwood. A beautiful pirate novel where a woman has to find herself, by figuring out her past. I really enjoyed it, so go check it out if you're into female leads.

     I didn't do as much as I wanted to. I had high hopes for myself to release quite a few more shorts and even a novel or two. I just didn't get there this time. I also didn't finish my NaNoWriMo this year. I came close with around 40,000 words, but work bogged me down with the holidays. I'll perhaps try again next year.

      I learned a lot. I found myself in my writing and found what works of mine really sing, and what ones didn't. That was a surprise. I also found out that I could write a 40,000 word novel while working two jobs. That was also a surprise.

     My hopes for this year. To write. To keep writing. To pour my heart onto the pages for you all to enjoy, but mostly to just get the voices out of my head. I do plan on redoing this blog. I want to shift my focus from just updates to more of a free web series. I will be testing the waters on this project over the next few weeks.


     I wish you all a very happy and safe new year. May this one be the best so far.
~Skadia

No comments:

Post a Comment