Friday, January 6, 2017

The next book that I would like to read.

     I read a lot. Some would say way to much, but considering I could be doing meth instead, I think this is a pretty safe hobby. Anyway, I was out and about today and picked up a flyer of Indy novels that are going to be released this month. I thought that was very interesting and I haven't seen it before, so I grabbed a copy. 

     As I read through it, I was excited to see one book on there. "The Bear and the Nightingale: A Novel" By Katherine Arden. With the book came the price and the books description. 

"The Bear and the Nightingale is an enchanting mix of fairy tale, fanasy, and historical fiction set in medieval Russia. (That right there sucked me in!) Nestled between the northern wilderness and civilization is a village where old and new traditions live side by side. Vasya, the last daughter of Pyotr and Marina, is born on the howling winds of autumn. Different from the others in her village, she is destined to be like her grandmother and is gifted with powers by birthright. As time goes by, Vasya is tested. Caught in the conflict between the old spirits and the new religion, Vasya must do everything in her power to save her family and village. Arden's novel is the rich, mesmerizing fairy tale you've been waiting for!"


     I really hope to pick up a copy soon, it sounds like something interesting and right up my alley. If you get it before me, please tell me what you think about it!

~Skadia


No comments:

Post a Comment