Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Top 5 Favorite Fantasy Novels

     I have lived a thousand lives. Each book I read takes me to a different place. A different time. A different life. It never ceases to amaze me, and it never gets old. Over my many hardcore years of reading I have picked up a few that refuse to get out of my head. If you have read them, then you know what I mean, if you haven't, give them a shot.


1. One of my all time favorite series is the Dragonlance Series by Wies and Hickman. It has strong characters that will stick with you long after the book ends. I still remember things from them and I haven't even looked at the book in years. Dragons, magic, and an ongoing story line that stays interesting.

2. Belladonna. Okay so that's really the second in a series but it's amazing. I bought it first and read it, only to find out that there was something that came before it. I adored the strong female lead who was less than perfect. It was very refreshing for the main character to be almost evil, a bit twisted and definitely dark.

3. Winterwood. This one is a recent read and I can't wait for the next one to come out. I very rarely will buy/read unfinished series. The wait kills me, but I couldn't help myself. Another very strong female lead. Nothing overly special about her but it's a very smooth read and really get's you pulled in.

4. We all knew that this was going to be on here and again it's another series. Harry Potter. I'm a nerd. I like the magic and the creatures and Rowling really has the entire world so fleshed out that it makes it just believable enough that you might start hoping for your own letter to Hogwarts.

5. Witchling. Here again I'm pulling a book that's part of a series but I really think this (and the others in it's set) are worth a spot here. This set is more geared towards romance, but it has plenty of fantasy. It has some pretty awesome creatures and again some beautiful main characters that aren't afraid to show their faults.

     Again, theses are just some of my own personal favorites. There are so many good books out there some days it's hard for me to pick what I love more than others. This small set have just stuck with me over years.


I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment